Here is a small recap of some of the things I have written to Facebook friends this year in order to minister to, encourage, affirm, and challenge them. I hope it will be a blessing to you!
* One of the most powerful things you can do for other people is take their advice. Try this: take a friend’s advice on something. Then tell that friend you took his/her advice about something and that it made a big difference in your life. Watch what happens!
“Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.” (Proverbs 11:14 KJV)
* The ability to recognize opportunities is a necessary trait to have on the way to realizing one’s dream. But I must warn you: chasing a dream can become exhausting.
Frankly, I have grown weary of chasing dreams. So I now recommend chasing God, because when we catch hold of Him (figuratively speaking) I believe our dreams WILL become reality!
“9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:9 KJV)
* You are special to God. He Loves You! And believe it or not, God also loves the person or persons you don’t like; so much that He sent His son to die for the very ones who did him wrong. So what that means for me is that even though I would like to bring pain to those who bring pain to me, I have to remember that Christ died so that they would have an opportunity to come to know Him. Jesus died so that YOU could be free. So today, determine in your mind, heart, and mouth that you WILL be free!
Some of you today are struggling with some real issues. Struggling with your relationships, struggling with your employment situations, struggling with your finances, struggling with your children, you name it. Let me just say something to you that you have probably been told before, but here it comes again: YOUR STRUGGLE IS OVER! So stop letting the devil steal your joy, and start allowing the love of Christ to rule your heart.
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10 KJV)
“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.” (Colossians 3:15 NLT)
* Why do we do the right thing? Because doing the right thing is the right thing to do.
“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10 KJV)
I encourage you today to keep BEING the good that you want to see from others!
* God created everything and everyone with a purpose in mind. The moon can’t be the sun, nor can a cat be a dog.
Your role is specific and distinct. Be who the Lord purposed you to be, and I believe all will be well for you!
“A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes.” (Luke 6:44 NLT)
* Craftsmanship is defined as “the quality of being a craftsman”. Similarly, workmanship is “the skill of an artisan or craftsman”. Ownership is “the state of having complete legal control of the status of something”. Readership is defined as “the collected readers of a publication”. Leadership is “the capacity of someone to lead”. Ridership is defined as “the people who ride a form of transportation”. Dealership is the place we try our best to not get ‘taken for a ride’ (a little joke there :-)). And finally…Fellowship is “a feeling of friendship, relatedness, and connection between people”. I am grateful for the fellowship of believers in this forum, and I thank God for YOU!
* Friends, I would like to issue a challenge to you: With the massive amounts of negative and immoral things we see daily in the world of social media, it would be great to counter the negative with a whole lot of positive. So my challenge to you, should you decide to take it, is to pick at least ONE day out of the week where you will post an inspirational thought, essay, sermon, whatever might be on your heart to share.
I know many of you are already doing this daily, and I thank God for it. I believe there is still more to be shared and if we ALL make a commitment to do this at least once a week, we can increase the chances of others finding encouragement in a world so negative, opportunities in a world where there are so few, and hope in the midst of hopelessness.
I believe YOU have a lot to share that could literally turn someone’s life around. So, are you with me?
“10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12” (Ephesians 6:10-11 NLT)
While going about your day, and in preparation for what God will bring in the years to come, remember to show kindness to others. And find new ways to minister to, encourage, affirm, and challenge them. I will do the same. God bless you!
Author, speaker, musician DEREK E. EURALES, Jr., loves to share his faith, motivation, and music. His book, Principles of Christian Living, has become a “must read” for believers of all ages. To order your copy, click here.